[BlueOnyx:24556] Re: APF Firewall deletes Whitelist entry

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Sat Dec 5 07:30:12 -05 2020

thank you Michael

I haven't Fail2ban enabled because I can't restart it (version 0.9.6-4 on 5209R), but Dfix2 that says in /etc/apf/deny_hosts.rules:

# added 84.226.70.22 on 12/02/20 09:39:32 with comment: dFixblock2
84.226.70.22

maybe Dfix2 messed around with the Whitelist...

anyway, the user confessed he's running an NT machine (remember?:-) which is known not to be patched anymore, so I told him to deconnect it from his network.

the log files weren't revealing, just that 84.226.70.22 was whitelisted: apf(23931): {trust IPv4} allow all to/from 84.226.70.22

best regards

で⊃ Meaulnes Legler
Zurich, Switzerland
+41¦0 44 260-1660