[BlueOnyx:24603] Re: Virtual Site question

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Dec 12 23:59:40 -05 2020

Hi ^Gecko^,

> I did have the domain of the server as onyx. lordshadowstar.com, and
> the vsite was www.lordshadowstar.com.  I haven't messed with it since
> then, will try again tonight with the new iso.

That doesn't work. No Vsite may have the same name as the server itself.
Either rename the server itself, or the Vsite and it should shake loose.

> also, I'm behind NAT, at home.  Not sure if it needs an external IP or
> not.  I don't remember having a problem with NAT on my raq3.

If the server is in a NAT'ed network it can have private IPs for the
server itself and the Vsites. But the "device" (router) that does the
NAT must have a NAT-table that connects the public IP(s) with the
private ones if the server is supposed to be reachable from the outside.