[BlueOnyx:24619] Re: own changes in sendmail.mc

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Dec 14 13:59:01 -05 2020

Hi Maurice,

> Is there a possibility to somewhere put my own additions to sendmail.mc
> so that they don't get overwritten with bx or os updates?

No, sorry. As is sendmail.mc is everyone's bitch and changes to the
email settings or AV-SPAM settings will mess around with it. Sometimes
these changes are edits, sometimes complete replacements.

On 5210R with Postfix we do have an option to make own overrides to the
Postfix configuration which are then retained. They can even override
GUI mandated settings, although that should be used with care.