[BlueOnyx:24624] Re: Old Blue Cobalts

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Dec 14 17:47:36 -05 2020

On 12/14/2020 4:20 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> That's a really nice collection. \o/
>
> The only one missing is the Cobalt Control Station, I guess. I still
> have one of these warehoused with my stuff in Germany along with a
> gaggle of other RaQs and two Qubes.

We have kept a collection of stuff over the years, and finally decided
to start unboxing all the old stuff and put it on display.   Customers
enjoy seeing it.

I was never aware of the Cobalt Control Station when it was out, though
maybe we never operated the machines at a scale that it would have made
sense.   Seems like a really cool gadget, though and especially if
you're managing a bunch of them.

As for the Qubes, would you believe I've never laid hands on one?

Sometimes I wonder if in an alternate universe would Cobalt have
retooled their product lineup to fit the times and been a player in the
space of, say, Synology/Qnap, hybrid cloud, and maybe even some
crossover with Ubiquiti.    I suppose if that had happened, we wouldn't
have anything like BlueOnyx today.   We'd have... something else.

#MondayMusings

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services