[BlueOnyx:24650] Re: GeoIP quit running this AM - FIXED

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Dec 15 17:24:41 -05 2020

Hi all,

In regards to the milter-geoip error that appeared after the latest
CentOS 8.3 updates on BlueOnyx 5210R:

I just found and fixed the issue. The AV-SPAM 7.1.10-1 for 5210R has
just been pushed to NewLinQ and is now available.

I had to redo both the System Unit-File of it as well as throwing in
another helper script for ExecStartPost (to fix socket ownership).
Likewise the script that restarts the AV-SPAM (and milter-geoip) needed
to be updated.

The magnitude of these changes made it necessary to publish an updated
PKG via NewLinQ and instead of a YUM update.

However: As this is a bugfix and some of you may have purchased the
AV-SPAM w/o support and updates I backdated the release date of this PKG
to 2020-01-01 00:00:00. That way anyone who has purchased it this year
is eligible for this update.