[BlueOnyx:24664] Re: IP move

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Dec 16 16:26:08 -05 2020

Hi Brian,

> I don't know if this has been asked before, but I'm about to have to
> move my 5209 server to a new IP.  Is there a script or anything in place
> to migrate all virtual sites to the new IP at once without having to go
> into each individual???

When your server doesn't physically move and you just can change the
network settings, then you can first change the network settings of the
server itself via the GUI under "System Settings" / "TCP/IP" and save.
That will move the server to a new IP and/or Netmask and/or Gateway.

If that's not an option, you can login via keyboard and monitor to the
server itself and run /root/network_settings.sh instead as "root", which
allows you to change the servers network settings from the command line.

The Vsites still remain on whatever IPs they currently have.

You can change these in one go by running this script:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/MassIPChange.pl -o old-ip -n new-ip

If you have DNS records on the server, you can use this script to change
the IPs of all relevant records in one go as well:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsMassChange.pl -o old-ip -n new-ip