[BlueOnyx:24686] Re: 5210R - IPv6 configuration

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Dec 30 17:20:06 -05 2020

Hi Ig0r,

> I manually added the prefix to the ifcfg-eth0 and it work until the file is rewrited
>
> IPV6ADDR=xxxx:xxxx::2d42:e0e7/64
>
> Is it a BUG in the gui or the backend or am I missing something?

The way it's designed is this: When you enter the full IPv6 IP in the
GUI you don't need to specify a prefix.

Yes, the downside is that all used IPv6 IPs on a 5209R or 5210R must be
assigned individually. So you can't assign a whole IPv6 IP address range
by providing a broader mask like you'd do on any other server.

This has to do with the way how the Sausalito backend handles IP address
assignments and the "assign single IPv4 IPs"-method was carried over for
IPv6 as well to keep the management mechanisms more or less the same.