[BlueOnyx:23669] Re: Blueonyx 5210R - problems with jail

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Feb 18 17:42:43 -05 2020

Hi Dirk,

> here is the complete output from /var/log/messages while trying to login
> with ssh
>
> Feb 18 16:58:47 raru jk_chrootsh[4392]: abort, failed to get group
> information in the jail for group ID 1003: Success, check
> /home/.sites/site1/etc/group

I just checked the etc/group file in a working Jail on one of my 5210R's
and it looks like this:

[root at 5210r etc]# cat group
root:x:0:
site2:x:1005:two_admin
site-adm:x:1000:two_admin

On my 5210R that jail is for group "site2" and the only jail-user is the
siteAdmin, named "two_admin".

The real /etc/group has this:

[root at 5210r etc]# cat /etc/group|grep two_admin|grep -v site-adm
site2:x:1005:two_admin

So yes: The jail's group file must have an entry for the user in
question. I'm checking now why that isn't being created reliably,
because I also have at least one jail where the jails group file is
missing required entries.