[BlueOnyx:23682] Re: imagick PHP module

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Feb 21 01:45:53 -05 2020

Hi Ernie,

> Trying to install the imagick php module on a 5120R system.
>
> One of the requirements is ImageMagick-devel  when I try to install that
> package I get:
>
> yum install ImageMagick-devel
> Last metadata expiration check: 0:48:25 ago on Fri 21 Feb 2020 12:28:04 AEST.
> Error:
>  Problem: conflicting requests
>   - nothing provides ghostscript-devel needed by ImageMagick-devel-6.9.10.64-1.el8.x86_64
>   - nothing provides jasper-devel needed by ImageMagick-devel-6.9.10.64-1.el8.x86_64
> (try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)
>

> Seems the two dependencis are missing.
>
> Any idea how to solve this, or some other way to install imagick ?

The "powers that be at CentOS" have in their infinite "wisdom" decided
that developer stuff should go into one or more separate repositories.
Where you might find what you're looking for - if you're lucky. As
they've still not managed to publish all devel RPMs.

In fact the ImageMagick you're trying to install is served out of the
BlueOnyx YUM repository and isn't directly from CentOS.

Now if you look into /etc/yum.repos.d/ on your 5210R you'll see a couple
of repository files.

Most build dependencies and source packages are in the "PowerTools"
repo, which you need to enable in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-PowerTools.repo

But fat dependencies such as ImageMagick *might* require dependencies
out of /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-centosplus.repo and
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Extras.repo as well.

So enable all three:

/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-centosplus.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Extras.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-PowerTools.repo

But be sure to turn them off again when you're done installing whatever
you need.