[BlueOnyx:23697] Re: 5210R: inital setup after each (?) login

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Feb 26 15:31:25 -05 2020

Hi Maurice,

> It is not a big problem, but every time I shut down a (virtualized)
> 5210R and start it back up, then upon first ssh login of root it enters
> the network_settings script. This only happens after shutting down the
> server. It does not happen when a new login of root without a restart of
> the server.

I just tried it with a fresh install of the latest 5210R ISO:

- Install off ISO
- First login, do initial shell based setup
- Assigned IPv4, but no IPv6, saved.

First try:

/sbin/reboot

After the reboot I could login as "root" and didn't get prompted to do
the initial setup again.

Second try:

shutdown -h now

After the reboot again no issues. Login as root dropped me directly to
the shell - as expected.

So this seems to be fixed in newer installs.

The question now remains why your box does it. Please take a look inside
/usr/sausalito/runonce/ on the affected box and check if there are any
files or Symlinks in that directory. It *should* be empty after a
successful install and completed initial setup.