[BlueOnyx:24058] Re: DNS servers not syncing.

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Jul 1 03:02:48 -05 2020

Thanks Michael,

    Colin wrote:
    > What I meant was I can cat db.domain.com in /etc/named/named and get a text
    > output that I can read (so for example can check the serial no. on the secondary.)
    >
    > Can't do that on 5209R or 5210R ... :-/
    >
    > Just tried on 5210R and get the same as 5209R which is not easily readable.

    I think you are simply in the wrong directory. On 5209R and 5210R named is chrooted. That means the directory is /var/named/chroot/var/named/

    So cat /var/named/chroot/var/named/db.anydomain.com outputs perfectly readable text.

Now that makes a lot of sense - so just a matter of looking in the right place!
As so often the case, not knowing enough about Linux. (

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Colin