[BlueOnyx:24086] Re: PHP 7.4 problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 10 11:49:22 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

> I just switched to the PHP 7.4.6 from Solarspeed and now WordPress is
> showing me a warning “The optional module, zip, is not installed, or has
> been disabled”. When I go back to 7.3 the error goes away.

Which version of BlueOnyx is that on?

> Is this an oversight or has something changed?

With new versions of PHP there is always the issue that some internals
change or that PECL doesn't have the add-ons yet that we usually have.
So I think what happened here is that Zip wasn't available yet when I
built 7.4. But I guess it should be available now.

I'm currently building the latest PHP versions that were released
yesterday and I'll look into adding Zip-support again into 7.4.