[BlueOnyx:24088] Re: PHP 7.4 problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 10 13:34:12 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

> I am still on 5209R's.

Very well. I just checked. In PHP-7.4 the "zip" extension was removed
from PHP itself and ended up as a PECL extension instead.

Trying to install that aborts with the error message "checking for
libzip... configure: error: system libzip must be upgraded to version >=
0.11"

And of course the version of libzip that ships with CentOS 7 is too old.
There is a solarspeed-libzip that brings a sufficiently more modern
"libzip" version (installed into /home/solarspeed/libzip/), but the PECL
extension refuses to compile against that for now.

I'll eventually figure it out for one of the next releases of PHP-7.4,
but I doubt I get it done today. So for now I'll go ahead and will
release the PHP-7.4.8 as is - without "zip" support.