[BlueOnyx:24090] Whitelist / Blacklist terminology

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 14:12:11 -05 2020

I hope this does not come across as too PC for some people but I would like
to humbly request that as new updates are made this project consider
replacing the Whitelist/Blacklist terminology in favor of denylist/allowlist
or blocklist/passlist.

The Linux team have just made the same change and I think it is a good idea
to follow suit. I have also just made a donation at http://www.blueonyx.it/
to help cover the time such a change would take.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/linux-team-approves-new-terminology-bans-terms
-like-blacklist-and-slave/

Thank You,

M Aronoff Out -  <mailto:maronoff at gmail.com> maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have
of it.
  -  <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/31912.html> Thomas Jefferson