[BlueOnyx:23944] Re: 5210R: Postfix SNI support - status update

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jun 8 09:53:03 -05 2020

On 6/6/2020 11:43 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Eventually new installs of 5210R will default to use Postfix, but can be
> switched back to Sendmail if wanted.

Thanks for the update and the hard work on this.   I can imagine that
it's a lot of work.   In the end, I believe functioning SNI within our
mail daemons is going to be a very important update to the core
functionality of BlueOnyx.    One of the most common support calls we
get are for "Certificate Failure" reports when a user sets up email on a
desktop or mobile device.   The traditional solution has been to have
them use the hostname of the server rather than their personalized
domain.   While that does solve the certificate issue, it seems nearly
impossible for the clientele to remember even though we work to document
it as best as possible.

Again, thanks for the efforts.   I think it's a good path to be on.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services