[BlueOnyx:23954] Re: 5210R no underline in imapsync password for source server

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jun 9 15:01:40 -05 2020

Hi Dirk,

> it is not possible to use _ (underscore)  in the password field for the
> imap sync source server.
>
> This is unfortunate, since an underscore may well be present on a source
> server.
>
> Can you please change this?

If I do that, then the entered password is no longer obstructed in the
GUI, but is shown in plaintext. At this time only the UI element
"passwordField" hides entered text. And that UI element uses the same
password validity checks that BlueOnyx uses for password. Meaning: No
underscore.

I'm not adding a new UI-element for this.

So the only other option is to keep the field, make it optional, take
input, check if input is not empty and store it in CODB, but don't show
it again in the form. Which means there must be an after-the-fact error
check to make sure that a password *was* set in first place. That error
check needs localization in nine different languages for the error-text.

I'd rather have that person once change the password whatever they're
migrating from instead of going through these hassles.

To be brutally honest: While I'm in a complete teardown and re-assemble
of our MTA integration I don't want to invest time into errands like this.