[BlueOnyx:23971] Re: Build version

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jun 11 13:46:09 -05 2020

Hi Ernie,

> I just did a new install with the current .iso and a yum upgrade, I noticed
> the /etc/build isn't right
>

> build 20191117 for a 5210R in en_US
>
> It's not the current iso or the upgrade date.
That's fine. If you do a "yum update" and there are no more updates,
then you are current in all respects. Regardless from which ISO you
installed.

The date shown in /etc/build reflects the time the RPMs belonging to
base-blueonyx-capstone and base-blueonyx-glue were built. They might be
older than what the ISO build date is, because there is and was no need
to update these RPMs in between.