[BlueOnyx:24056] Re: DNS servers not syncing.

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:35:16 -05 2020

Colin wrote:
> What I meant was I can cat db.domain.com in /etc/named/named and get a text
> output that I can read (so for example can check the serial no. on the secondary.)
>
> Can't do that on 5209R or 5210R ... :-/
>
> Just tried on 5210R and get the same as 5209R which is not easily readable.

I think you are simply in the wrong directory. On 5209R and 5210R named is chrooted. That means the directory is /var/named/chroot/var/named/

So cat /var/named/chroot/var/named/db.anydomain.com outputs perfectly readable text.

M Aronoff Out – maronoff at gmail.com

I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
  - Thomas Jefferson