[BlueOnyx:23701] Re: certificate issues 5209R letsencrypt

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 2 11:58:09 -05 2020

Hi Larry,

> Have a 5209R running letsencrypt and started
> getting calls that certificate is failing.  Checked
> and cert was just renewed (28 Feb 2020) but
> when I go to ssllabs and digicert both fail the
> certificate for incomplete certificate chain.
>
> Any ideas ? This is the certificate for the box itself.
> Certificates for sites on the box (also letsencrypt)
> are passing fine.

I had something similar recently: The last email from the cronjob said
that the certificate had been renewed successfully, GUI said the cert
was valid for plenty of time, but the browser complained that the cert
was expired.

I restarted AdmServ and the problem went away. So I presume the last
renewal didn't restart AdmServ automatically and it was still running
with the previous certificate that since long had been successfully renewed.

Try to restart AdmServ and see if that fixes it for you. If not: Request
a new LE cert via the GUI.