[BlueOnyx:23757] Re: Fail2ban cannot be restarted

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 19 11:18:33 -05 2020

Hi Meaulnes,

> «Fail2ban is not running and could not be restarted. Please try to
> restart the service fail2ban manually.»
>
> does anyone encounter this, too?
>
> restarting fail2ban over the GUI doesn't change anything and I don't
> know to do it from the command line.

The command for that is "systemctl restart fail2ban" and you can also
check its status with "systemctl status fail2ban".

An updated Fail2ban hit the YUM repositories for 5209R yesterday, so
this is certainly related to that. Let me know what "systemctl status
fail2ban" reports and also maybe the last couple of lines from
/var/log/fail2ban.log.