[BlueOnyx:23765] Re: AV Spam disappearance

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Mar 23 17:02:03 -05 2020

Hi Larry,

> Curious why the AV_SPAM package has disappeared from
> Network Services on all my 5207 and 5208 boxes.  Yes,
> know 5207 is old and am in the process of replacing, but
> did not expect purchased software to "disappear".

It absolutely should not disappear in its entirety. Please check under
"Installed Software" if it is still installed and let me know which
version it reports.

Also check under "Third Party Software" to see if there is any update
reported for the AV-SPAM.

Also check under "Expiry Report" to see what the expiration date for the
support was. Because the last day of that would define which the latest
version of the AV-SPAM is that would be available to you via "Third
Party Software".

It *is* possible that this server was a 5107R or 5108R when the AV-SPAM
was originally installed. Eventually this box then automatically
upgraded to 5207R or 5208R via YUM. If you had a really old version of
the AV-SPAM installed, then this ancient version might not have shipped
with the elements for both the old and the new GUI. In that particular
scenario you would no longer have the GUI bits of the AV-SPAM.

The solution would be to update the PKG via "Third Party Software" with
a newer version that was built with both old and new GUI included.