[BlueOnyx:23776] Re: Owncloud

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Thu Mar 26 15:57:33 -05 2020

I did prepare a long email responding to this, but got distracted and forgot to send.

There are three options for caching. The own cloud documentation describes the config required for each of them. The only missing piece is that it describes debian style package commands to install.

These components are available in EPEL. As you know, the whole EPEL thing can be an issue. Michael and I had a chat yesterday, and the thinking is that we could possibly make a new repository that will contain known SAFE items from EPEL that we are happy for end users to install. But thats not going to happen overnight.

For now - Its a performance tweak. If your performance is not an issue, ignore the warning is just fine.

GK