[BlueOnyx:23819] Re: Easy Migrate progress indication

f.kaegi at fairtalk.com f.kaegi at fairtalk.com
Tue May 5 04:14:50 -05 2020

Hi Michael

You are right, when I couldn't install the SSH key of user "root" of the
target server on the source server, I went ahead with Easy Migrate and
entered the password manually and got the result I mentioned.

Kindly clarify two things:

1) What are the proper GUI settings for Shell (Basic and SSH Key) on the
source and target server? For example, should Password Authentication be
off? (If yes, it doesn't save it on the 5210R). What should we see on the
SSH Key tab of 5208R and 5210R?

2) The instructions on https://www.blueonyx.it/easy-migrate states: "You
must first install the SSH key of user "root" of the target server on the
source server of the migration. You can easily do so this way (if you
haven't already done so): ~]# ssh-copy-id root@<source-server-name-or-ip>"
I assume I give this command on the source server, yes?
If yes, shouldn't we then use the command ssh-copy-id
root@<target-server-name-or-ip>, instead of source-server-name-or-ip

When I try to ssh from the target server to the source server I get the
error message:
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).
When I then activate in the GUI Shell-> Password Authentication on, then the
error disappears but I have to enter again the password of the source
server.

What I noticed: on the 5208R in the GUI Shell I see SSH Keys: 2048 bit bit
private and public key present
However on the 5210R the SSK Keys the checkbox is still there and there is
no confirmation that a key is present, although I had clicked on the
checkbox and saved it.

I'm at a loss on how to get the Easy Migrate to work.....

Best regards
Felix