[BlueOnyx:23878] Re: chronyd

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri May 22 10:55:05 -05 2020

Hi Tomohiro Hosaka,

> This is the environment installed by
> BlueOnyx-5209R-CentOS-7.8-20200520.iso/ks/kick_ext4.cfg.
> chronyd seems to running, is this normal?
>
> [root at install-cd ~]# systemctl status chronyd
> ● chronyd.service - NTP client/server
>    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/chronyd.service; enabled;
> vendor preset: enabled)
>    Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-05-21 10:06:23 JST; 1h 18min ago
>      Docs: man:chronyd(8)
>            man:chrony.conf(5)
>  Main PID: 678 (chronyd)
>    CGroup: /system.slice/chronyd.service
>            └─678 /usr/sbin/chronyd
>
> Or is blueonyx working with ntpd depending on cce configuration and no
> need for chronyd?

I just checked. BlueOnyx uses NTPd and not Chronyd. In older installs
Chronyd didn't get installed, as nothing required it. Apparently since
recently "anaconda-core" requires Chronyd and that's why it got
installed and activated by the last ISO. I'll publish an update that
will fix this. For now you can simply stop and disable it:

systemctl stop chronyd
systemctl disable cronyd