[BlueOnyx:23891] Re: Is dovecot's SNI support planned?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat May 23 13:18:03 -05 2020

Hi Tomohiro Hosaka,

> postfix seems to have good SNI support.
> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>
> However, I understand that replacing sendmail requires a lot of work.

Yeah, that is sadly true. Hisao Shibuya once started on it for
BlueQuartz 5200R, but it didn't get all the way.

I also somewhere have the initial code-base of an attempt that I made
for 5207R/5208R, but that also was abandoned before it got anywhere near
the needed functionality.

But I think it's time to give it another try.