[BlueOnyx:23898] Re: Mail sending Issue POP IMAP

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon May 25 10:28:12 -05 2020

Hi Kasey,

> Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the
> authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your
> server.'

Yeah, as Lew said in his reply: When email client and server talk to
each other, they try to find a common ground as to which TLS protocols
and ciphers they both support. They then choose the safest and best
method that both sides support.

However: In your case the older Outlook doesn't support any of the
modern protocols or ciphers that BlueOnyx insists upon and the
communication fails.

Over the years we have adjusted which protocols and ciphers are still
allowed to be used on a BlueOnyx and we're following best business
practices and security recommendations. If an email client can't
communicate with a BlueOnyx, then it must be really ancient and I
suggest to upgrade it to a more modern version.