[BlueOnyx:23917] Re: easy-migrate.pl 5208R(PHP DSO) -> 5209R(suPHP)

Tomohiro Hosaka bokutin at bokut.in
Sat May 30 08:17:21 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

As an aside, mariadb 10.4 was successfully installed without breaking
the availabirity of phpmyadmin on the control panel.
I like the stable version, but it was requested by the customer.
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

This is the main subject.

I am worried about the following points.

* The source vsites were all prefered_siteAdmin eq ''.
* In this case, even if you try to select from siteAdmin, there may be
two or more users and it will not be automatically selected.
* With prefered_siteAdmin eq '', easy-migrate.pl does
--chown=nobody:siteXX.
* As a result CGI does not work.
   CGIWrap Error: Execution of this script not permitte
   Execution of (nobody) is not permitted for the following reason:
   User not Privileged.
* When doing --chown=$siteAdmin:siteXX, because exceeds the quota often,
we will need to reconfigure the quota.
* In addition, if the migrate to UID=$siteAdmin, I think also, if it is
also possible to turn off the option of PHP DSO.

I also understand that a lot of improvements are included by migrating
to PHP-FPM & UID=$siteAdmin.

Thank you for the very fulfilling explanation.

I would like to worry a little while imagining the modification of
easy-migrate.pl and the operation after migration.

Thanks,