[BlueOnyx:24388] Re: Aventurine AdmServ SSL failed

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Oct 15 19:34:58 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

> The renewal for the SSL certificate on an Aventurine node failed for me
> last night.
>
> Since there is no regular web server I an not sure what to check or
> change in order to get it working.
>
> Any suggestions?

You can check the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log to see
what went wrong during the renewal attempt.

You can also trigger the renewal attempt manually again. Either via the
GUI or by running this script from the shell as "root":

/usr/sausalito/sbin/letsencrypt_autorenew.pl -a

Use the "-a" option at the end as shown, as that enables renewal for the
AdmServ SSL. The script checks the expiry of the certs against the
desired validity and if renewal is required, it will renew everything.

If the renewal fails or goes through will be shown on the shell and it
also shows the new expiration date of the certs.

In case if there was an error consult the logfile for more details.