[BlueOnyx:24389] Re: In mysql, user at localhost and user at 127.0.0.1 are different.

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Thu Oct 15 21:07:27 -05 2020

I did some benchmarks on a 5209 server yesterday using the apache benchmark
program, and tried all the PHP modes and versions, I have the solarspeed php
package installed, so I was curious between 5.4.16 and 7.0,7.1,7.2
performance.

My test was a page that did a phpinfo() call, nothing fancy.
<?php
 phpinfo();
?>

The test command was similar to:
/usr/bin/ab -n 1000 -c 10 -l https://www.example.com/phpinfo.php

To cut a long story short php-fpm was the fastest, slightly faster than DSO,
but not much between them, so no speed reason not to use the more secure
php-fpm.

The real killer was the speed difference between http and https it was over
500% which really surprised me. I had no idea https bogged down a sever so
much. I didn't test the nginx proxy, just straight apache to keep it simple.

- Ernie.