[BlueOnyx:24391] Re: In mysql, user at localhost and user at 127.0.0.1 are different.

Tomohiro Hosaka bokutin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 22:02:01 -05 2020

Hello.

Thank you all for your replies!

> To cut a long story short php-fpm was the fastest,

>> Your choice of PHP implementation (DSO instead of *anything* else) is a bad choice.

Yes, I agree that php-fpm is ideal if we have enough memory.

I personally run my code on a plack server or wsgi server. It is
similar to php-fpm.

---

I think improvements that force users to make changes should be
separate from maguration (easy-migrate.pl).

For example, if you apply suPHP or php-pfm.

* The per-user quotas will change, and the quota settings will need to
be reviewed again. Otherwise, you may not be able to receive mail or
upload files due to over quotas.

* The owner of the files created from PHP code changes. Although the
change is for the sake of improvement (which is ideal), it forces the
user to make the change.

I don't want to ring the phone knowing that I have these risks.
In some cases, you may not notice the error for days.

We hope to explain the ideal PHP operating model and /web owner to
users on another occasion, and have them make the changes themselves
at their convenience.
This is typically on weekends, late at night or early in the morning,
when business is not affected.

BlueOnyx is used that much! :)

Thanks,