[BlueOnyx:24397] Re: post_max_size is not reflected

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 20 16:35:18 -05 2020

Hi Tomohiro,

> In the case of PHP-FPM on 5209R, the post_max_size set in the admin
> page is not reflected.
>
> I've checked that /etc/php-fpm.d/siteXX.conf has been changed.
>
> And I confirmed that it is reflected by doing systemctl restart php-fpm.
>
> Normally, I understand that the settings are reflected immediately
> after setting up from the admin page, but is this a bug?

The settings under "Server Management" / "Security" / "PHP" are sort of
a template. When you create a new Vsite, then the PHP settings from
there are taken and are used as the PHP defaults for that new Vsite.

On a Vsite level under "Site Management" / <Site> / "Services" / "PHP"
each Vsite starts with the PHP defaults, but you can modify the PHP
settings individually for each Vsite.

Depending on which PHP method the Vsite uses these settings are stored
in whatever config file is appropriate for the use PHP implementation:

- PHP (DSO): The settings go into the Apache <VirtualHost>-container of
that Vsite.

- PHP (DSO + mod_ruid2): The settings go into the Apache
<VirtualHost>-container of that Vsite.

- suPHP: The settings go into the separate php.ini of that Vsite

- FPM/FastCGI: The settings go into the PHP-FPM siteXX.conf of the
chosen PHP version for that Vsite. Which might be under the path of the
onboard PHP-FPM or one of the config paths of one of the Solarspeed
PHP's from the BlueOnyx shop. Such as /etc/php-fpm-7.4.d/ or similar.

Depending on which PHP implementation is used, the respective service(s)
will be restarted after a configuration change.

Saving the settings under "Server Management" / "Security" / "PHP" will
not modify the PHP settings of any Vsite as we want to have the ability
to run Vsites with different PHP settings.