[BlueOnyx:24415] Re: Some nginx updates last night? nginx do not start with errors.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 27 02:32:32 -05 2020

Hi Dirk,

Yeah, there was a larger set of updates tonight for 5209R and 5210R.
Including an update for base-nginx.

> at one server with nginx as front proxy nginx was not running after
> updates this morning.
>
> nginx: [emerg] "location" directive is not allowed here in
> /etc/nginx/conf.d/default.conf:50
>
> nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
I just checked. Yes, the 5209R updates had that issue and I just
published another set of updates to correct this. The 5210R updates were
fine.

The issue weren't line 50, 51 and 52, but the extra closing bracket
before that block.

When you do a "yum clean all" and "yum update" to get the latest fixes
the default.conf will be corrected back to a working version with
everything in place as it should be.

Many thanks for the heads up.