[BlueOnyx:24424] strange issue vsite and hostname

Gerrit Haas Gerrit.Haas at blackpoint.de
Tue Oct 27 14:58:27 -05 2020

Hi all,
we are currently having trouble with one particular system.
The system hostname (TCP/IP Settings within server side) is -let's just say
abc.def.net.
>From our documentation, the hostname *should* be abc.xyz.net.
On the server exists a vsite abc.def.net that is actually the same as the
hostname.
I did not expect this to actually work. We do not know, how it got there.
(Bug, Customer changed it,...)

We tried changing the hostname back to abc.xyz.net. This works in the first
place, but after a reboot of the machine hostname abc.def.net is back.
Also it seems that the old name still resides in some configuration files in
/etc (admserv, hosts, ...)

We are at this point a little clueless how to proceed and fix this.
This is messing up some certififaces or mailing stops working - which you
would expect.

We also tried editing the server settings with ccceclient. (set 1.""
hostname="abc.xyz.net") - Same thing it will not survive any reboot.
Do you have any hints or ideas?

Thank you all in advance!
Cheers
Gerrit

Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Bad Vilbel

Gerrit Haas
Systemadministrator

blackpoint GmbH – Friedberger Straße 106b – 61118 Bad Vilbel

Tel.: +49 6101 65788 32
IT-Support: +49 6101 65788 - 30
Fax: +49 6101 65788 - 99
eMail: Gerrit.Haas at blackpoint.de
Tel. Rufbereitschaft (Außerhalb der Arbeitszeiten) +49 6101 65788 - 40

Vertretungsberechtigt Dirk Estenfeld und Mario Di Rienzo HRB 50093 Frankfurt
am Main USt.-IdNr. de210106871

Besuchen Sie uns im Internet unter www.blackpoint.de
Problemlos Domains registrieren: www.edns.de
Einfach und günstig Daten sichern: Veeam Cloud Connect

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachments,is for the sole use of the
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.