[BlueOnyx:24244] Re: AVSPAM service

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Sep 3 12:20:37 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

> Since upgrading to the latest AVSPAM I no longer seem to be able to
> check the status of AVSPAM from the shell.
>
> systemctl status avspam returns "Unit avspam.service could not be found."
>
> However everything appears to be working. Has this changed on the new
> version or do I have a problem?
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This seems to happen if the
AV-SPAM is upgraded via PKG install w/o removing the older version of it
first. It should make no difference and both methods should work, but
there seems to be a glitch. I'll fix it with an updated PKG.

In the meantime please do this:

#> cp /home/solarspeed/av-spam/init/avspam.service /usr/lib/systemd/system/
#> systemctl daemon-reload
#> enable avspam.service
#> systemctl restart avspam.service

That will rotate the Systemd Unit-File back in place and enables and
restarts the AV-SPAM via Systemd.