[BlueOnyx:24252] Re: PHP 7.4 problem (Zip extension) - solved

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Sep 6 00:31:15 -05 2020

Hi all,

Small update about the PHP-7.4.10 for 5209R and 5210R:

I just released 7.4.10-4 PKGs for 5209R and 5210R. Additionally I also
released an updated base-vsite for both via YUM. Either one is fine and
will bring all dependencies aboard that are needed for PHP-7.4.10.

I went a bit overboard with this PHP-7.4.10 build. It's built different
from how I built PHP packages before and builds with pretty much all
sensible bells and whistles already compiled in. This also includes
(working) APCU-support, PDF-support, GD (with any supported image
feature including Freetype already active), ImageMagick, Intl, ZIP, XSL,
anything XML related (DOM-XML, XML, XMLreader, XMLwriter, SimpleXML) as
well as IonCube loader and was specifically tailored to have all
requirements for the latest Magento installs - which are in fact kinda
excessive in regards to requirements.

Additionally transitional issues with PECL/PEAR have also been sorted
out and both now work out of the box without having to worry about
warnings regarding open_basedir or disabled functions.

All in all the more complete build also caused this new PHP release to
have some new requirements. I caught all of them (but one) in the -3
released of the PKG, but didn't notice that it also required
"libc-client". Which is an RPM from the EPEL repository that my build-
and test-boxes already had installed to satisfy other (unrelated)
requirements.

The -4 release of the PHP PKGs as well as the YUM updates for base-vsite
both make sure that "libc-client" (now present in the BlueOnyx YUM
repositories as well) automatically gets installed if it hasn't been
installed yet.