[BlueOnyx:24279] Re: 5209R logins - More code archeology

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Fri Sep 11 08:26:54 -05 2020

Hi Michael,
it's not hard to see what happened it's in the code comments.

Here is part of  /etc/admserv/conf/httpd.conf on a 5107R box.

# ssl is on for the admin server by default
<VirtualHost _default_:444>
SSLEngine off
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}            !-d
RewriteRule .*                          http://%1:444/error/forbidden.html [L,R
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
RewriteRule ^/admin/?$                  http://%1:444/login.php [L,R]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
RewriteRule ^/siteadmin/?$              http://%1:444/login.php [L,R]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
RewriteRule ^/personal/?$               http://%1:444/login.php [L,R]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
RewriteRule ^/login/?$                  http://%1:444/login.php [L,R]
</VirtualHost>

The comment says that "ssl is on for the admin server by default", hence it's
on port 444 but someone has snuck in "SSLEngine off", contridicting the
comment, and did not changed the port back to 81, so there it remains on the wrong port for years.

- Ernie.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]