[BlueOnyx:24338] Re: AV-SPAM Problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Sep 24 01:01:08 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

> I just did the update and now all of them say "Unit avspam.service not
> found"

Thank you for the reminder. I just built the AV-SPAM 7.1.6-1 for 5210R
and it should be on NewLinQ in a few minutes. It fixes this issue.

Short of installing this updated PKG you can do this instead:

#> cp /home/solarspeed/av-spam/init/avspam.service /usr/lib/systemd/system/
#> systemctl daemon-reload
#> enable avspam.service
#> systemctl restart avspam.service

That will rotate the Systemd Unit-File back in place and enables and
restarts the AV-SPAM via Systemd.

However, the Systemd Unit-File is sort of irrelevant for the AV-SPAM, as
it is started this way:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -start
/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -restart
/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -stop

And the status is polled this way:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/avspam_init.pl -status

Even Active Monitor uses that instead of the Systemd Unit-File, which is
kinda limited anyway. For example it can't do restarts.