[BlueOnyx:24339] Re: phpMyAdmin login

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Thu Sep 24 04:40:02 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

    > Scratching my head.

    Yeah, this is unusual. Normally when a Vsite has MySQL active and a
    MySQL-user and at least one DB have been created via the GUI, then the
    "Programs" / "phpMyAdmin" link on the Vsite GUI page will perform an
    auto-login to MySQL using said credentials.

    The "Programs" / "phpMyAdmin" link under "Server Management" (only
    visible to Server Administrators) will always perform an auto-login
    using MySQL-user "root".

Doesn't do it automatically. I have to enter the credentials manually.

    If the auto-login fails, only then the form asking for MySQL username
    and password will be shown.

    From this behavior we can deduct that the auto-login using the stored
    credentials failed. But we don't know why.

Does this for all sites as well as admin.

    For the "hostname" ... did you specify "localhost"? On 5209R and 5210R
    that ought to be "127.0.0.1" instead, as the alias "localhost" won't
    work there.

Any suggested way to try and fix this?

Thanks

Colin