[BlueOnyx:24354] Re: Unsuspend doesn't acitivate receiving mail on 5210R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Sep 30 15:37:18 -05 2020

Hi Ernie,

> I found what I think is a small  bug in 5210R.
>
> When you tick the "Suspend" check box in the Account tab, it also automaically
> ticks the "Disable User's Email" box in the Basic Settings tab. However, when
> you untick the "Suspend" check box in the Account tab, it doesn't automatically
> untick "Disable User's Email" check box under the Basic Settings tab.

For now it works as intended, but I agree with you that it's not optimal.

When we suspend a Vsite, we sure *do* want the user accounts and email
accounts suspended. No doubt about that.

But what do we do when the Vsite is unsuspended? We unsuspend the User
accounts first. So far so good. But do we unsuspend their email services
as well? THAT is the question. Because some Vsite(s) might intentionally
have had the email accounts suspended for good reasons before. Maybe all
of them, maybe just a few.

Blindly unsuspending them all might not be what we want in that case.
Hence I left it as it always has been. At the end of the day the
siteAdmin is capable of unsuspending the email services for his Vsite
anway and he might know best what state which account really needs.

Long term I'll add a database field that records the
pre-Vsite-suspension state of User accounts so that we can return them
to that state once a Vsite gets unsuspended. That'll solve this issue.