[BlueOnyx:24891] Re: AlmaLinux Build

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 5 18:21:26 -05 2021

Hi Colin,

> Just fired up a new AlmaLinux 5210R Aventurine CT.
>
> Looking at /etc/build I get “build 20191117 for a 5210R in en_US“ and /etc/centos-release "CentOS Linux release 8.1.1911 (Core)"
>
> Have I got the right template?
> I did a yum update beforehand and OS Templates shows
>
> blueonyx-5210R-x86_64	BlueOnyx 5210R on AlmaLinux 8 (for AMD64/Intel EM64T) Virtuozzo Template
>
> Have I got the AlmaLinux template or the older Centos 5210R?

Please check what "cat /etc/redhat-release" says. That's the best way to
be sure.

If yours still reports it's CentOS instead of AlmaLinux, then your VPS
might have been created from and older OS template cache that was still
using CentOS 8.

In your Aventurin{e} go to "Virtual Servers" and click on "OS
Templates". In the "Search" field enter "5210R". That should narrow it
down to only one result.

The "image" blueonyx-5210R-x86_64 with the description "BlueOnyx 5210R
on AlmaLinux 8 (for AMD64/Intel EM64T) Virtuozzo Template" must have a
"Date" that's more recent than 2021-03-30 in order for it to be AlmaLinux.

If yours shows and older date than that, then click on the button on in
the final line of that column to let it rebuild the template.