[BlueOnyx:24899] Re: Web FTP interface

Ken Hohhof khohhof at kwom.com
Fri Apr 9 08:52:54 -05 2021

IMHO this is like expecting the power company to install an icemaker on your refrigerator.  There are people called web designers you pay to do things like this.  People are always wanting their ISPs and hosting providers to do things for free rather than just pay some guy who does this for a living.  We are primarily an ISP and we run into this problem all the time with customers who want us to fix their computer and networking problems for free rather than pay the computer guy.

I vaguely recall a long time ago customers using their web browser (probably Internet Explorer) to upload files to their /~username personal websites, the problem we had was all these files with spaces in the filenames which were then difficult to delete using Linux.  Another concern I would have is you say it needs to be secure.

Sorry to be so grumpy, but when I hear customer doesn’t want users to have to install Filezilla, I want to reach for my tiny violin, and my reaction is how is this my problem?