[BlueOnyx:24921] Re: MariaDB - max_allowed_packet

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 13:21:52 -05 2021

Just adding a bit more:

5209R

Is this just a default?

MariaDB [(none)]> SHOW VARIABLES WHERE variable_name = 'max_allowed_packet';

+--------------------+---------+

| Variable_name      | Value   |

+--------------------+---------+

| max_allowed_packet | 1048576 |

Can I add a line into my.cnf to increase it if needed?

Thanks

Colin

From: Blueonyx <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it> on behalf of Colin Jack <colin at mainline.co.uk>
Date: Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 19:20
Subject: [BlueOnyx:24920] MariaDB - max_allowed_packet

We have a customer having some issues with their website and the web developer has asked what the MariaDB setting on the VPS for max_allowed_packet is.

I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything! :-/

Have looked in /etc/my.cnf and the files in /etc/my.cnf.d

Anybody able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Colin