[BlueOnyx:25077] Re: Problem Lets Encrypt SSL Certificate Subdomain

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Aug 25 12:14:56 -05 2021

Hi Dirk,

> do you have any insights into the hostname for Let's Encrypt and subdomains?
> Is there a fix for this?

I was waiting for more information from Gerrit, which he has since then
supplied. Meanwhile I confirmed that this is indeed *not* a 5210R issue,
but only seems to happen on 5209R due to the legacy way how subdomains
are handled there.

A fix might involve changes to base-subdomains, base-vsite and base-ssl
and is therefore not as trivial as it seems. I have it planned for
sometime this weekend when I'm back from a short trip.