[BlueOnyx:25251] Re: 5209R - System Status wrong error message

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Dec 17 04:54:46 -05 2021

Hi Dirk,

> at 5209R, I have had the problem on many servers (all of them?) that
> Mailman shows up as faulty for a few days now:
>
> „The Mailman service is NOT operating normally. Please try to manually
> restart it.“

Many thanks for the heads up. A recent YUM update on the OS side of
things changed how Mailman appears in the process list.

Before the YUM update it showed as ...

/usr/bin/python /usr/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner

... and now it shows as ...

/usr/bin/python2 /usr/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner

Active Monitor was grepping for the old style and therefore reported the
service as dead when it was in fact running.

I just published a YUM update that fixes the issue.