[BlueOnyx:24741] Re: EOL Centos 8? - AlmaLinux beta released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Feb 1 12:48:02 -05 2021

Hi all,

Chris wrote:
> I'm considerably more enthusiastic about the AlmaLinux
> development than I would have thought possible just weeks ago.

Same here! And here we go:

AlmaLinux just released a Beta of their RHEL8 clone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AlmaLinux/comments/la7zy8/almalinux_beta_version_released_release_notes_and/

I'm going to play around with it today.

My first step will be to install a minimal AlmaLinux off their ISO and
then install BlueOnyx 5210R onto it via our manual installation guide
for CentOS 8: https://www.blueonyx.it/5210r-manual-install

If that works out just fine I'll try to roll up an ISO image of our own
that directly installs AlmaLinux and 5210R in one go.