[BlueOnyx:24695] Re: SL Yum erros

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Jan 4 18:13:01 -05 2021

Hi Colin,

> I have a 5210R that I have been testing but still not entirely
> comfortable with going fully live yet. Moved some customer’s websites
> across onto it and all had issues so in the meantime sticking with 5209R.

Yeah, 5210R had a bit of a rocky start, but by now things are hammered
down and it's become quite reliable.

Of course: Going from 5208R straight to 5210R usually entails a few home
made challenges. The oldest PHP available for 5210R is PHP-5.6 and we
all know how it goes: If the source server is a 5208R, then most likely
there are some old Vsites on it that are still using PHP-5.4. I'm as
guilty at that as anyone else. :p

The difference in MariaDB versions can also be a bit tricky. The last
5208R that I moved from to 5210R still had user passwords in the old
format, but that then broke on import onto the MariaDB 10.3 on 5210R and
I had to manually reset each of the passwords, which wasn't really fun.

Other than that: Easy-Migrate can handle it nicely to get the data across.

In any case: Going from 5208R to 5209R sure entaily fewer nuisances and
5209R still has plenty of life left in it.

If you need a hand, then let me know.