[BlueOnyx:24703] Custom certificates for Admserv/Dovecot

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Fri Jan 8 09:01:36 -05 2021

I have been using a LE wildcard cert and deploy to servers as needed
upon renewal. I've done on 5106R for ages and believe it did work on the
5209R. However, even though I have Automatic Renewal not enabled in the
server SSL LE settings, it gets updated automatically and even happened
two days in a row now.

I was using LE before we added that server to the wildcard deployment
and thought just turning off automatic renewal would work. Is there are
better way to handle custom certificate deployment to the BO? Perhaps
create a self-signed?

Basically, the wildcard deployment script uses rsync to place the
appropriate certs in the appropriate directories and reloads or restarts
admserv, httpd, sendmail and dovecot. Works well, we just need to keep
the certs from being overwritten.

Thanks for the help!
--
Robert