[BlueOnyx:24709] Re: PHP 7.4 zip extension

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Jan 14 11:25:24 -05 2021

Hi Robert,

>> I use the Solarspeed PHP package and need the zip extension in the 7.4
>> version. Is there any way to add?
>>

> Sorry, I failed to mention this is a 5209R.

The shop provided PHP 7.4 (on both 5209R and 5210R) have the Zip
extension. Here is the phpinfo() for the PHP-7.4.14-1 on a 5209R:

https://5209r1.smd.net/test.php

Perhaps you're using an older version of PHP-7.4? The Zip-extension was
indeed briefly absent for a while due to some issues with the libzip
version provided by the OS on EL7 and EL8. I eventually bypassed that by
providing a separate and more modern "solarspeed-libzip" RPM and
compiling PHP against that one instead.