[BlueOnyx:24722] Re: Block By Domain Name Extension

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Tue Jan 19 13:11:29 -05 2021

On Tue January 19 2021 12:03, David Hahn wrote:
> On 1/19/2021 10:49 AM, Larry Smith wrote:
> > On Tue January 19 2021 09:41, David Hahn wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >> Is it possible to block by Domain Name Extension on a 5210R?
> >> Allow...
> >> WHOIS_TLD: Sender's Email-Address has TLD 'COM', which we allow.
> >> Deny.. by Doman Name TLE?
> >> eg; *.casa
> >> Can't seem to find where to configure the domain name extensions.
> >
> > Believe this can be done in the access file (/etc/mail/access)
> > by something like:
> >
> > casa           REJECT
> > work           REJECT
> > best           REJECT
> > live           REJECT
> > asia           REJECT
> >
> > Remember to remake the db file (makemap hash access < access)
>
> Is this something that gets over written on a update and works with
> postfix?

There is a section of the access file that gets rewritten, but after that
section (believe it is beginning of file) you can add whatever you want
and it stays through updates.

Postfix can also use the access file but don't have any 5210R running
yet so cannot say if that is part of the main.cf for BO or not.
I use the essentially same access file on my local postfix servers
and it works fine.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net