[BlueOnyx:25013] Re: Vacation message timezone

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 21 15:03:10 -05 2021

Hi Andreas,

> Although, I still think the problem is in ServerScriptHelper.php.
>
> // initialize timezone
> $retvalTZ = @date_default_timezone_get(); //returns 'Europe/Amsterdam'
> if (!$retvalTZ) {
>     $timeObj = $cceClient->getObject("System", array(), "Time"); // not getting here
> }

Damn! You're right. /facepalm

Upon login and all subsequent page loads the GUI will always use the
fallback timeZone 'America/New_York'. Yikes. That's bad.

Really good work at spotting this, Andreas! Many thanks!

I just published YUM updates that fix this for BlueOnyx 5209R, BlueOnyx
5210R and Aventurin{e} 6109R.

Here are the code changes:

https://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset?reponame=&new=4168%40%2F&old=4166%40%2F

This change will only revert to the default 'America/New_York' if
neither date_default_timezone_get() nor CODB's 'System' . 'Time' .
'timeZone' reported anything. But quite frankly: That will never happen,
as date_default_timezone_get() will always report at least 'UTC' - even
if php.ini has no date and time zone configured.

So yeah, this should now work.

Many thanks again for spotting and reporting this!